3.14.2012

Strength for the Journey

I know a woman. 
Who knows a Man. 
Who helps her host retreats. 
And they are magical. (Magical in the Jesus sort of way - not The Craft - remember that movie? - sort of way)
We talk about God - life - Jesus - sing to a synthesizer - eat "oatmeal sundays" and then we all head out to walk around this farm in silence. 
It's fantastic - and helps slow this gal down. 
I've got a lot of figuring to do coming up - and walks in silence are necessary - and I need more of them.
This one was really great because my sister came - and it was wonderful to share with her.  

These are photos I took while on a walk. A Contemplative Walk. If that is even possible for a gal like me - it is - He makes it that way. 

If you look closely - the bottom of the tree stump literally has a heart.  a HEART. A Wet Engine. I think Jesus spoke through that - and the creek that looked like it went dry - only to emerge further down in the woods - that gave me hope - call me cheesy - but it made me think even when my bones are dry - there is hope....

And the red in the middle of the bleak mid winter - oh you know what's up with that. 

And because my girls Theresa and Julie are often talked about here at the Belfry -I must leave you with some of their words: 

“God loved us before he made us; and his love has never diminished and never shall.” 



Photobucket

“May today there be peace within.

May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be.

May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith.

May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you.

May you be content knowing you are a child of God.

Let this presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love.

It is there for each and every one of us.” 













that is a heart. I know it.





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...