1.05.2012

Beautiful Things. #3

My friend Maya.
She is beautiful.
In her guts and on the epidermis level.

We both did Young Life at Virginia, but really didn't know one another.  I do remember she had some quirky purple rain type shoes that I had a secret envy for - other than that- I knew she hailed from Northern VA and lead Young Life.

Fastforward a couple thousand days - and Maya sends me an email.
out
of
the
blue

basically she said from reading my blog she thought we'd be good friends.
Her tone. Her heart. Her honesty.
Made me agree whole-heartedly.

We met up for some red-vino on Capitol Hill and well.
Life hasn't been the same.

She is beautiful I tell you.


She reminds me of the work of Jesus.
She lives it out.
She runs after Jesus - loving orphans (pray for Henry)- and kids who the rest of the world may see as deficient.  She gives generously - and lives simply.
Of course, as she runs after Jesus she stumbles - but even that encourages me - because she wipes the grime - let's Him fix her - and then she keeps sprinting.





This past 2011 in what shall be known as the Dark Days (that sucked really really bad and I really really wallowed around a lot) she spoke life to me.

Isaiah 61- It is what Jesus does.

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me,
Because the LORD has anointed me
To bring good news to the afflicted;
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
To proclaim liberty to captives
And freedom to prisoners;
To proclaim the favorable year of the LORD
And the day of vengeance of our God;
To comfort all who mourn,
To grant those who mourn in Zion,
Giving them a garland instead of ashes,
The oil of gladness instead of mourning,
The mantle of praise instead of a spirit of fainting.
So they will be called oaks of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.


Did I mention she is beautiful?
I love her.
This day for example - she took me up on a random offer to drive from NOVA to Giles and then to Winston for a David Wilcox concert.
As soon as she rolled up to my house I burst into tears over some boy drama I was likely having - or confusing life question.
She just listened.
I love her.
Did I mention she is beautiful?
See for yourself.









We took photos of one another. it was hilarious
and awkward
in someone's cowfield because I said, "Maya, I have to take your photo here - I've always wanted to take someone's photo here."
And because she is free she said, "Okay."













She is beautiful. He has made her that way.













 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...